
My idea of using wikis in a classroom involves the writing process. If I was to integrate wikis within my curriculum I would use it as a tool that involves the research and writing process.
My students would pick a topic that was already done on a Wiki's site. When the topic is chosen, the class as a whole would discuss the topic. We would discuss on its organization, facts, grammar usage, and whether or not its comprehensable. When we find that there are certain facts that are missing or that the information is inaccurate, we would revise it. This is where research starts. We would research on the topic and see what areas of the wiki's topic is missing. As a class we would then break into parts which would consist of the revisions, language usage, and editing group.
After all the revisions and facts are done, we would then replace the inaccurate wiki with our final product. This allows my students to have ownership over a part of the wiki encyclopedia. Giving them pride in being able to revise an incomplete work.
1 comment:
I like your idea as using the wiki as a research guide. I'm kind of hesitant to actually publish to Wikipedia though. Seems like whatever I send in must be original and thoroughly studied.
Barb
Post a Comment