Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Google Earth

One idea that I have for Using Google Earth involves endangered species. My students will research in the net on one endangered species from each continent. On their own they would decide on which endangered species to research on. They would gather information about each endangered species. After they gathered information for each, my students would create an endangered mark for each continent containing information for each. What I would see are markings for each endangered species that exist within each continent. They would research what and how they became endangered.
Another idea that I have is to research on power usage in Guam. Identify how much power each village uses, the population, and other facts that determine the power usage. When done gathering information’s students would start create Google Earth power usage information on Guam.

1 comment:

Barb Jacala said...

I think the idea of the endangered species is a good way for the students to be more environmentally conscious. This is especially significant on Guam because our kids are not exposed to as many opportunities to see and experience the world because of our geographical distance. Alright, you're going the Al Gore way!